3.18.2010

This is what first anniversaries are made of...

I read on about.com that paper makes a prime first anniversary gift. I get most of my marriage advice from about.com, so I am taking their suggestions seriously. I could grab a picture frame or two, but we actually just bought some frames to make our house look more like a home for our first party in Oregon last weekend. I could get a board game or two, but that seems a far stretch from paper (counting cardboard, really?). I thought about stationary because Jill always talks about wanting to write more letters, but I couldn't imagine it seeing as we spend much of our time writing to friends and family on our whiz-bang computer machines.

So, I remembered a conversation that we had a few weeks ago: We both agreed that it could be fun to write some updates for ourselves and maybe our folks and take some photos because we miss everyone back East and want to be able to pretend they are right around the virtual corner.

So, I hereby declare this blog experience part of my first anniversary present (there are others too, jeez). I hereby name it "afamilysociology" until Jill thinks up a better name.

Like most blogs I realize this is likely to be abandoned in a few days (weeks at most), but I wish it all the best and hope that it can make it at least one year and that that year will be as perfect and triumphant as the one that I just experienced with the love of my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment