3.20.2010

Last day of our first year official-like

Today is the last day of our first year of marriage. I cannot believe that a year has passed. Dissertation (check), graduation (check), move across the country (check), brew a baby (check...mostly Jill), wedding (check) in addition to a ton of other minor checks. We celebrated with a walk in Mt. Pisgah park and a drive in the country. I have my fair share of problems with this place, but on a beautiful warm day it is hard to complain. At lunch Jill asked me what was the most memorable part of the wedding for me: I stuck with the obvious and chose the second I saw her coming down the aisle with her dad. This really is the most vivid moment buttressed with a clear memory of trying to hold back tears and be a tough guy.

But also I remember a less specific sense of how perfect everything felt: It was the first big thing that we made together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment